Useful Tips for Night riding
Have done a solo night ride recently returning from Ridermania to Hyderabad Via Bijapur and wanted to share a few experiences
1. Be sure about your bike. because even a small variation in the running of the bike makes your heart skip a beat.
2. Know about the route you r travelling on. As thrilling as it may sound travelling on unknown roads in the nights, it wont be so much thrill should you need something.
3. Use light dipping for every single vehicle you come accross. Coz its hard to see accross when the opposite vehicle is on high beam. Other fellow may not follow this, but you do anyway.
4. While overtaking, be extra careful. Its hard to judge the exact distance of the oncoming vehicle at nights, especially on high beam.
5. Follow every single instruction board beside the road. Be it about a speed breaker or a curve ahead etc., Please remember that they are there for a reason.
6. Do not lean too much into the curves. Coz we dont know how deep it is. And when the oncoming vehicle is fast approaching, it becomes hard to get back straight quickly.
7. Watchout for the unexpected guests on the road, animals. I nearly crushed a snake and came accross a fox near Sedem. And there is always the dog. As much a man’s best friend it is, not so much when it chooses to cross a road while you r at top speed. And strangely enough i saw a very old lady sitting on the edge of the road, in the middle of absolutely Nowhere, after crossing Gulbarga.
8. Be ready for those long, lonely stetches. Sometimes, its just you on the road for miles together, without a single soul in the vicinity.
9. Use those LED lamps only if necessary, they will just blind the opposite driver, sometimes to our own peril.